GamePress

De La Fille (Summer)

De La Fille (Summer)

Table of Contents

Early Game Tier T3

Mid Game Tier T3

Late Game Tier T2

De La Fille (Summer)
De La Fille (Summer)
Analysis by Diamonit
4★ (Fully Uncapped: 4★)
Obtain - Swimsuit Premium Draw

Stats

HP 1600
HP Rank
ATK 6400
ATK Rank
Element
Race
Specialty
Style

Overview

Despite her HEAL typing, Summer De La Fille actually has little to do with healing, as her kit is much more focused on bringing defensive utility to the team. Her buffing abilities remain decent, which makes her overall a pretty good unit when taking into account her Sword proficiency.

Strengths

High damage reduction potential.

Summer De La Fille brings a lot of defensive tools: between a team Armored buff on her C.A, her Blind, and her 3 turns Reflect, she is a perfect candidate to keep her team healthy against hard-hitting boss.

Good single target buff

Similarly to her Earth version, Summer De La Fille can buff a teammate with a potent buff granting ATK / DEF / DA / TA simultaneously. The buff has also a permanent uptime with a 4 turns duration on a 4 turns cooldown.

Sword proficiency

For a healer / buffer type, having a sword proficiency is a godsend as it allows Summer DLF to not lag behind too much in terms of innate DA/TA, and also benefit from additional stats in Sword grids.

Weaknesses

No teamwide offensive buffing

Summer DLF is only able to buff one ally at a time, and none of her other abilities allow her to actually increase the offensive potential of the whole party.

Defensive buffs that are not always needed

In an element such as Light where it’s easy to get a high HP pool thanks to Chev Swords, maintaining HP starts to matter much less, and bringing a character who provides more useful utility (such as Seruel’s Veil) might be preferred.

Full Analysis

Summer De La Fille is much more similar to her more recent Earth version compared to her vanilla Light version. He skillsets share a lot of similarities, notably a single target buff with a permanent uptime, and a team Reflect ability. However, the additional offensive buffs and healing Earth DLF  have are replaced by more defensive skills, making her perhaps less valuable than her Earth counterpart.

Summer DLF second skill, Cure Light, is arguably the most important skill of her kit. It will grant the targeted ally a 2,500 HP heal (3,500 with her Healing EMP), as well as the Jewel Glitz special buff. This buff will grant the target  50% ATK up (normal mod), 50% DEF up, 80% DA up and 30% TA up for 4 turns. The cooldown of 4 turns makes it pretty much a permanent buff on the chosen target. The ATK up is not as valuable as it might seem, due to Chev Swords potentially diluting the effectiveness of the normal mod, but the important part is the 80% DA and 30% TA boost, which will solve any problem another character might have with DA/TA.

As far as buffing is concerned, that’s pretty much all that Summer DLF has to offer, but it doesn’t mean that the rest of her kit is worthless. Her first skill, Prism Pillar, provides a blind with a 90% landing accuracy (100% with her EMP), which is serviceable if the player is not bringing a blind himself. The potency of the blind is lower than the blind the MC provides ,however. Applying her blind (or any other blind) will activate DLF’s passive, granting her increased dodge rate.

Her third skill is a 3-hits 40% Reflect for 3 turns: this means that it will cut incoming damage by 40% for the 3 next hits, to a limit of 3 turns. A reminder that Reflects act as damage cuts, and can be used in conjunction with Phalanx or Carbuncles in order to get a full cut.

Finally, Summer DLF’s C.A will provide to the team a 4 turns Armored buff, which is in practice a 70% chance to reduce any incoming elemental damage by 30%. It’s important to note in this instance that this defensive buff is a reduction, and not a damage cut, which means that it will simply apply to whatever damage is left after the damage cuts have been applied. This is by far the most interesting defensive utility DLF brings to the team, as it can be applied on a very high uptime and as a result reduce the total amount of damage received quite significantly.

Summer DLF’s usage throughout the player’s progression remains relatively consistent, qualifying her as a good character overall:

  • In the Early game, her defensive utility makes her a precious ally in order to keep the team alive.

  • In the Mid game, her sword proficiency gives her some good offensive stats for a utility character, and her single target buff can be used on key Light characters who will benefit from the additional DA/TA.

  • In the End game, her defensive capabilities are put in the spotlight again due to Stamina weapons being included in grids, while the player might want to tackle difficult raids such as UBHL where sustain is important.

Characters and Grid Options

Powerful Auto Attackers

  • Lucio can make the most out of the Jewel Glitz buffs, as the ATK, DA, and TA provided is just enough for him to make the most out of his insane 90% echo.

  • Albert is another character who will appreciate the buff, although the DA part is largely wasted on him. Due to his very low innate ATK however, Albert will make much better use of the ATK portion of Jewel Glitz.

  • Robomi is a good candidate for DLF’s buffs, especially once she has started to run out of Ammo, compensating for her lack of DA/TA after the first few turns.

  • Rosamia will also enjoy not having to put her own life in danger in order to have good DA/TA, and the DEF buff added to the various damage reductions DLF provides is quite useful in order to keep her alive longer even if the Heal will be wasted most of the time.

Characters with C.A team buffs

  • Tweyen 5* is one of the best characters to target with DLF, as her buff fixes one of Tweyen’s main issue: her lack of DA/TA. As a result, she’ll be able to keep a much higher uptime on her stupidly powerful team crit buff.

  • Although it’s not to the extent as Tweyen, as he has some decent innate DA/TA, Seruel should be able to benefit from DLF’s buffs for the same reasons as Tweyen.

  • Io is also a character that desperately needs DA/TA in order to generate meter for her Vortex stacks buffs.
     

Grid weapons

  • The Xeno Corrow Blade as a main weapon is a great fit with Summer DLF, especially if Glitz Jewel is cast on the MC. Not only will she keep the MC’s HP high for the special Stamina skill of the blade to stay in effect, but it will also provide additional DA/TA in order to trigger the party’s Uplift buff on C.A as much as possible. he Uplift buff also helps to get DLF herself to C.A as much as possible to keep the armored buff refreshed at all times.

  • A GW Dagger is a second obvious choice for very similar reasons, as buffing the MC while he/she has that weapon equipped helps them C.A more often and thus keeping a high uptime on the team DA/TA buff offered by the weapon.

  • Sword grids with Chev Swords, Xeno Blade, Cosmos Sword, Baha Sword and Ultima Sword will grant some additional stats to DLF, improving her raw ATK compared to other buffers.

  • Stamina weapons such as Eden, Metatron bow or Hector bow will be able to remain at full power for a longer period of time with all the damage reductions, cuts and heals  Summer DLF is able to provide.

  • Summer DLF is also the only Sword character able to proc the Huanglong Katana special skill, which grants 10% Light ATK for 7 turns (stacking up to 50%) every time a character uses a healing type of skill (green border skill). The short 4 turns cooldown on her Heal means that DLF is able to upkeep the effect all by herself as well, which can compensate a lot for the lack of offensive buffing in her kit.
     

Sword proficiency teams

Due to her specific defensive role, it is generally better to slot Summer DLF in Sword teams if the raid difficulty justifies her presence, as Light often has a good amount of Sword characters to choose from. However, if one teammate makes up for most of the DPS, it might be a good idea to slot DLF in order to multiply the DPS of that character with her Jewel Glitz. An example of a team where Summer DLF can shine would be: Berserker with Xeno main / Seruel / Lucio / DLF.

EMP Suggestions

Support Skill ★★★ Debuff success ★★★ Critical Hit ★★★
Healing ★★★ Healing ★★★ DA ★☆☆
ATK ★☆☆ ATK ★☆☆

The Debuff Success EMP will allow DLF to reach 100% base accuracy on her blind. Her support skill provides further team damage mitigation against blinded enemies. Healing nodes don’t necessarily require the full investment and can be used on other nodes if needed.

Ring Bonus Suggestions

1st Roll 2nd Roll
Stamina Triple Attack
C.A DMG Cap Double Attack
Critical Hit Healing
Debuff Success

Offensive bonuses are the best Ring Bonus to give to DLF in order to make up for her poor offense. Debuff Success and Healing can be chosen if the player uses DLF mostly for her defensive utility over her buff.

Extended Mastery Info

Lessen DMG taken from blinded foes for all allies

Style
ZenithAtk
500
800
1000
ZenithDef
5%
8%
10%
ZenithHP
250
500
750
ZenithDebuffRes
5%
8%
10%
ZenithHealing
10%
15%
20%
Race
ZenithAtk
500
800
1000
ZenithDef
5%
8%
10%
ZenithHP
250
500
750
ZenithDA
3%
5%
6%
ZenithCritHit
Small
Medium
Big
Individual
ZenithSkillDmg
10%
15%
20%
ZenithDebuffAcc
5%
8%
10%
ZenithReflect
2%
4%
5%
ZenithHealing
10%
15%
20%
ZenithSupportSkill
Lvl 1
Lvl 2
Lvl 3

Other Info

Voice Actor
Chiwa Saito
Gender
Female